The New Baltimore Water Towers (1902-1953) / (1948-)








Once emblazoned with "History Harbor, New Baltimore", the New Baltimore Water Tower was erected in 1948 by the Chicago Bridge and Iron Works for the winning bid of $25,000. It is 147ft tall and has a capacity of 100,000 gallons in the main tank, plus 18,000 gallons in it's riser pipe.

The tower has been out of active service since 1994, but still remains a historic landmark for visitors and boaters on Anchor Bay.

This tower replaced the prior water tower that was erected in 1902 and demolished in 1953.